Newcastle, NSW, Australia
I’m a former industrial chemist, and after deciding on a career change while at home with my two young children, I’m now a qualified pastry chef and cake decorating enthusiast. In 2009 I started taking some classes in cake decorating and other pastry-related cookery, and taught myself many more decorating techniques from books and internet resources. In 2010 I started a pastry apprenticeship, studying Retail Baking (Cake & Pastry) Certificate III at TAFE, which I completed with Distinction in 2012. I completed my apprenticeship in December 2013, and as of 2018 I am now working as a Cake Decorator at Designer Delights in Charlestown, NSW.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Naughty Cupcakes Class

Another one-off cupcake decorating class this afternoon, Naughty Cupcakes!  You know it's a fun class when the teacher asks "does anyone else need any help with their bums?"  The corset and undies cakes are small heart-shaped cakes covered in skin-tone fondant, with moulded balls of fondant underneath to shape the boobs and bum.  We then used coloured fondant to "dress" them however we wanted.... corsets, bras, bikinis, hotpants, whatever took our fancy. 


For the square cake, Marilyn actually demonstrated a model of a hunky guy in bed half under a sheet, but she doesn't mind if we have other ideas and want to go our own way.  When I enrolled for this class I did a bit of Googling out of curiosity to get an idea of what it might entail, and I remember seeing cakes that were beds with feet sticking out the bottom in a... ahem... "suggestive" pose.  Call me lazy, but I decided feet were easier to model than a waist-up person.  I have to give Marilyn credit for the undies strewn over the bed, though... it was her idea, and I think it turned out to be a brilliant finishing touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment