Newcastle, NSW, Australia
I’m a former industrial chemist, and after deciding on a career change while at home with my two young children, I’m now a qualified pastry chef and cake decorating enthusiast. In 2009 I started taking some classes in cake decorating and other pastry-related cookery, and taught myself many more decorating techniques from books and internet resources. In 2010 I started a pastry apprenticeship, studying Retail Baking (Cake & Pastry) Certificate III at TAFE, which I completed with Distinction in 2012. I completed my apprenticeship in December 2013, and as of 2018 I am now working as a Cake Decorator at Designer Delights in Charlestown, NSW.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Taking Shape...


Now it’s starting to look like Bob the Builder, not just some blue blobby thing. I didn’t do too bad a job of piping the outline, just a few little breaks and kinks that I managed to touch up by poking the icing into place with a toothpick. I know, I still have a LONG way to go when it comes to getting piping right. I’ve already made up the next batch of buttercream and tinted the yellow for his hat and peach for his face while the camera battery had a short stint on the charger. Bloody thing decided to be flat as a tack when I went to take a photo straight after piping the outline. It’s back on the charger again, and will hopefully be at full capacity by the time I finish the cake. It’s going to be a long night…

No comments:

Post a Comment