Newcastle, NSW, Australia
I’m a former industrial chemist, and after deciding on a career change while at home with my two young children, I’m now a qualified pastry chef and cake decorating enthusiast. In 2009 I started taking some classes in cake decorating and other pastry-related cookery, and taught myself many more decorating techniques from books and internet resources. In 2010 I started a pastry apprenticeship, studying Retail Baking (Cake & Pastry) Certificate III at TAFE, which I completed with Distinction in 2012. I completed my apprenticeship in December 2013, and as of 2018 I am now working as a Cake Decorator at Designer Delights in Charlestown, NSW.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Too much of a good thing!

I’ve taken a bit of a hiatus from baking and blogging since my classes on Saturday. Last Thursday, Friday and Saturday would have to have been one of my busiest three day stretches in recent memory. Such an unfortunate coincidence that the classes were the day after Cameron’s birthday. Too much cake for one weekend! Cake for morning tea, cake for afternoon tea, cake for dessert… I even had a brief period over the last couple of days where I just couldn’t face eating any more!

I can honestly say that my first chocolate mud cake was easily one of the nicest mud cakes I’ve ever tasted, and certainly one of the richest! Rohan has had more of it than me… I just can’t eat that much dark chocolate at a time. The cupcakes are long gone, Cameron and I finished off Bob the Builder last night, and there’s only about an eighth of the mud cake left. I haven’t had any of the mud cake since Sunday, and Rohan just told me that the rest is ALL MINE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment